Nov 21, 2014
This is an important release focusing on the performance of the Flash fallback engine. The Flash engine has had some performance problems, particularly with the smoothness of video playback in Firefox. We've put a lot of effort into improving it and, as a result, video playback is now perfectly smooth. The release also includes several other fixes and improvements. See the full list below.
This update is free if you already have a license for a previous version of Flowplayer HTML5. You can find it in your account page.
- The performance of the Flash engine was improved. No more video stuttering with Firefox.
- Improvements for HLS and live streams.
- Fix #697 - Flash with http progressive download:
preload="none"breaks buffer indication
- Fix #387 - Initial volume setting was ignored with the flash engine
- Fix #462 - Add possibility to disable the rtmpt connection attempt. Can be done by setting
rtmpt: falsein configuration
- Fix #612 - Make looping work with non-rtmp clips
- Fix #655 - Add support for complete rtmp urls
- Fix #697 - Fix the buffer bar to work when
- Fix #701 - Make autoplay work on live RTMP streams
- Fix #577 - Force native subtitles for certain devices
- Fix #717 - Insert subtitle track in ready event
- Fix #577 - Enable subtitles explicitly
- Fix #479 - Background handling for HLS videos/streams
- Fix #705 - Don't allow seeking in live setups
- Fix #699 - Correctly check for video type
Right after this release on November 26th we released 5.5.2 with following:
- Fix #731 - Fixed regression that caused playback to not automatically advance in playlists
- Fix #727 - Emulate progress events with live streams
- Fix #721 - Add support for inline video with Windows Phone 8.1 / IE Mobile 11
- Fix #255 - Make
wmodeconfigurable. Setting it to
directmay improve the Flash engine performance playback performance a bit.
Sep 09, 2014
Show your content at its best.
Now with support for multiple resolutions and HLS.
As a Flowplayer Drive user, you don’t need to be concerned with endless options concerning bitrates, transcoding and viewing resolutions. Our service makes the best choices for your material automatically.
At the upload stage, Drive now offers the option of multiple-bitrate transcoding, dynamically calculating the optimal parameters for the material and the various output resolutions (including HD). This includes support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
The result? Your content looking its best on mobile, tablet and desktop, regardless of the user’s network speed.
Just upload the original. Flowplayer Drive does the rest.
Sep 05, 2014
Flowplayer HTML5 for Wordpress version 1.9
We have just released version 1.9 of our Wordpress plugin. This version adds support for playlists making it possible to publish multiple videos in one Wordpress post or page.
Our plugin has a 4.5 rating (out of five) in wordpress.org and it has been downloaded more than 18 000 times.
This plugin has full support for Flowplayer Drive. It is super easy to publish videos with Wordpress - have your videos hosted in Drive and use this plugin to include them in your WP pages and posts.
See the following screencast to get an overview of the features of this plugin.