Sep 09, 2014
Show your content at its best.
Now with support for multiple resolutions and HLS.
As a Flowplayer Drive user, you don’t need to be concerned with endless options concerning bitrates, transcoding and viewing resolutions. Our service makes the best choices for your material automatically.
At the upload stage, Drive now offers the option of multiple-bitrate transcoding, dynamically calculating the optimal parameters for the material and the various output resolutions (including HD). This includes support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
The result? Your content looking its best on mobile, tablet and desktop, regardless of the user’s network speed.
Just upload the original. Flowplayer Drive does the rest.
Sep 05, 2014
Flowplayer HTML5 for Wordpress version 1.9
We have just released version 1.9 of our Wordpress plugin. This version adds support for playlists making it possible to publish multiple videos in one Wordpress post or page.
Our plugin has a 4.5 rating (out of five) in wordpress.org and it has been downloaded more than 18 000 times.
This plugin has full support for Flowplayer Drive. It is super easy to publish videos with Wordpress - have your videos hosted in Drive and use this plugin to include them in your WP pages and posts.
See the following screencast to get an overview of the features of this plugin.
List of changes
Aug 26, 2014
A significant update to Flowplayer HTML5 video player is once again making the web a better place.
This addition also means that genuine live streaming – directly from the browser – is closer to becoming a reality. You can check our live stream demo to see this in action.
In related news, we also added a subscribe option for Flowplayer HTML5’s Flash engine. This function for subscribing to live RTMP streams is used by EdgeCast and some other CDN providers.
We are happy to see that browsers are being developed actively. Microsoft is working hard to make Internet Explorer a valid alternative for those seeking the best experience of the web sites they visit. This is why we have implemented Internet Explorer’s fullscreen API. Now Internet Explorer 11 users can enjoy your videos in fullscreen with Flowplayer’s great-looking user interface.
As a consequence of the fullscreen behavior rewrite, Android users can also display real fullscreen video with Flowplayer HTML5, along with the styling and branding that you, the content provider, have chosen.
- Full support for HLS on Android (on HLS-compatible browsers)
- Added shadow to play icon to avoid dissapearing controls on light background
data-subscribeoption for flash engine (FCSubsribe). Needed by some CDNs.
preloadcan now be given by config when initializing into empty container
- Fullscreen support for Internet Explorer 11
- Fix #683 - Engine selection does not loop through all available engines
- Fix #677 - Subtitle: are not removed at end point if timecode contains hours
- Fix #648 - Local Storage bug with IOS private browsing
- Fix #661 - Make all video type checks case-insensitive
- Fix #637 - HLS: playlist or splash setup crashes desktop Safari
- Fix #633 - HLS embedded with wrong mime-type "video/mpegurl"
- Fix #581 - flash: autoplay setup broken
- Fix #622 - preload="none" causes error in Internet Explorer 11
- Fix #509 - live: always preload="none"
- Fix #659 - speed help text outdated - show speed only if supported?
- Fix #586 - Chrome + flash fullscreen bug - video is play from beginingA
- Fix #645 - Flash engine should allow bufferLength of zero
- Fix #696 - Mute-state not restored from storage in splash setups
- Fix #570 - Live Flash: stream cannot be resumed
- On Android, source order is now respected (previously mp4 was always chosen)