May 21, 2015
The prices to upgrade your existing Flowplayer HTML5 licenses:
– 1 domain: €26.00
– 5 domains: €83.00
– 100 domains: €146.00
– Unlimited: €370.00
These upgrade prices are valid until July 20th. After this period the upgrade prices go up by 50%. You can upgrade existing Flowplayer HTML5 licenses on your account page.
HLS and adaptive bitrate streaming across all browsers
Flowplayer 6 supports Apple's HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) protocol across all browsers and devices. Browsers’ native HLS support is used when available, and our new HLS-capable Flash engine is used when native support does not exist. The result is that HLS now works regardless of the user’s browser or device.
You can configure a single HLS manifest in the player and the video will play everywhere. This works with both live streams and video on demand.
HLS also provides
Flowplayer Drive encodes to multiple bitrates and to HLS under all paid plans.
Flowplayer has always looked great, and for Flowplayer 6 we made some subtle adjustments to freshen it up and develop its functionality. Our new skins work with any video, whether its imagery is very light in color or completely black.
It is now possible to brand the commercial player version with a simple text-based
brand option. The supplied brand name is displayed in the player's control bar. This is the simplest way to add your own brand name to the video player.
We have also added the possibility to show a title in the top-left corner of the video.
Here is a demo showing the new text based branding and the video title features in action.
Flowplayer 6 is hacker-friendly. The API is highly comprehensive, with endless scripting possibilities.
You can find the API documentation here.
No jQuery dependency
Flowplayer is no longer dependent on jQuery. There is now no requirement to include jQuery in your pages to use Flowplayer.
- New tooltip that shows the playback time when hovering over the timeline
- Fully featured playlist embedding: either the current clip or entire playlist
- Extended and customizable clip properties, even within playlists
- iFrame-based viral embedding, see the details in this demo
- Multilingual subtitle support
- API for subtitles
- Subtitle control element
- API for cuepoints
is-closeableno longer excludes fullscreen
- API for playlist handling
- UMD definition (RequireJS and CommonJS support)
- Mixed engines support for playlists
- Vector-based icons in the UI
- Fix #702 -
adaptiveRatiodoes not work on HLS with Android Chrome
- Fix #676 - Embed code generator triggers video loading in Chrome
- Fix #671 - Flash engine on Chrome load file twice
- Fix #664 - Playlist: api stays in finished stage after playthrough next switch
- Fix #663 - Embed always uses sources from initial video
- Fix #651 - Embed: make player size configurable (re: HLS)
- Fix #644 - Analytics plugin does not send heartbeat while playing
- Fix #639 - Add proper event listener cleanup
- Fix #613 - Flash + WebKit + Live: cuepoints unusable because of fullscreen toggle
- Fix #610 - Cuepoint misses on Android
- Fix #589 - rtmp: recovery from bad URL does not work
- Fix #588 - adaptiveRatio: only has an effect on first load
- Fix #587 - Playlist: click on first item has no effect in non-splash setups
- Fix #538 - When using Flash, no ready event in flowplayer 5.4.3 if jQuery not global
- Fix #485 -
.fp-prevdo not work if inserted after player initialization
- Fix #453 - Error reports valid URL instead of the bad one
- Fix #452 - Flowplayer flash does not abort image loading
- Fix #450 - window.onload does not work on iPad
- Fix #448 - "load" and "unload.pl" event handlers bound multiple times
- Fix #361 -
play() / pause() / resume()commands don't work when player is disabled
- Fix #352 - API:
- Fix #284 - Ready event and load callback not caught
- Fix 257 -
load()does not reset video.time
- Fix #244 - Load/play restrictions
- Fix #162 - Flash mode cannot handle utf-8 media locations
- Fix #100 - Issue with seeking on cuepoints and changing rate
Mar 25, 2015
The Drive API enables you to use Flowplayer Drive, our powerful online video platform, within your own applications. The API is logical and easy to use, and you can get started in minutes. There are no complex encoding settings – our encoding engine automatically optimizes these to suit your video content.
The Drive API is a RESTful API, uses JSON for data payloads, and grants your applications Flowplayer Drive's full functionality:
- Upload videos for encoding and inclusion in the Flowplayer Drive video library, or submit the URLs of your video files
- Multi-bitrate streaming and HLS are supported.
- Manage your video library and Drive account.
- Access your videos' analytics information.
- Use socket.io to stay updated on the progress of your videos' encoding process.
- Videos can be uploaded and streamed for free up to a limit of 5GB per month – simply upgrade to remove these restrictions.
Feb 24, 2015
30% off all Flowplayer licenses
For four days only, we are offering 30% off Flowplayer HTML5 and Flowplayer Flash licenses.
The deal also includes a free upgrade of your newly purchased Flowplayer HTML5 to Flowplayer 6, which will be released in the coming weeks. This offer is valid until the end of February.
|1 domain:||€85 ($99)||€60 ($69)|
|5 domains:||€215 ($250)||€151 ($175)|
|100 domains:||$440 ($512)||€308 ($358)|
|Unlimited:||€955 ($1110)||€669 ($777)|
Additional domain prices are as follows, in case you already own a Flowplayer license:
|1 domain:||€56 ($65)||€39 ($46)|
|5 domains:||€185 ($215)||€130 ($151)|
|100 domains:||€333 ($387)||€233 ($271)|
Just use the following coupon code when purchasing: WINTERSALE
Here's how to use the coupon:
- 1) Add a license to the cart and the cart & credit card form will appear.
- 2) Click the “Have a coupon?” link, located above the “Place order” button.
- 3) Enter WINTERSALE and the discount will be applied.
The photo above was taken at -30 degrees centigrade at Pyhätunturi in northern Finland. As you can imagine, the skiing was great.
The Flowplayer team