Aug 26, 2014
A significant update to Flowplayer HTML5 video player is once again making the web a better place.
This addition also means that genuine live streaming – directly from the browser – is closer to becoming a reality. You can check our live stream demo to see this in action.
In related news, we also added a subscribe option for Flowplayer HTML5’s Flash engine. This function for subscribing to live RTMP streams is used by EdgeCast and some other CDN providers.
We are happy to see that browsers are being developed actively. Microsoft is working hard to make Internet Explorer a valid alternative for those seeking the best experience of the web sites they visit. This is why we have implemented Internet Explorer’s fullscreen API. Now Internet Explorer 11 users can enjoy your videos in fullscreen with Flowplayer’s great-looking user interface.
As a consequence of the fullscreen behavior rewrite, Android users can also display real fullscreen video with Flowplayer HTML5, along with the styling and branding that you, the content provider, have chosen.
- Full support for HLS on Android (on HLS-compatible browsers)
- Added shadow to play icon to avoid dissapearing controls on light background
data-subscribeoption for flash engine (FCSubsribe). Needed by some CDNs.
preloadcan now be given by config when initializing into empty container
- Fullscreen support for Internet Explorer 11
- Fix #683 - Engine selection does not loop through all available engines
- Fix #677 - Subtitle: are not removed at end point if timecode contains hours
- Fix #648 - Local Storage bug with IOS private browsing
- Fix #661 - Make all video type checks case-insensitive
- Fix #637 - HLS: playlist or splash setup crashes desktop Safari
- Fix #633 - HLS embedded with wrong mime-type "video/mpegurl"
- Fix #581 - flash: autoplay setup broken
- Fix #622 - preload="none" causes error in Internet Explorer 11
- Fix #509 - live: always preload="none"
- Fix #659 - speed help text outdated - show speed only if supported?
- Fix #586 - Chrome + flash fullscreen bug - video is play from beginingA
- Fix #645 - Flash engine should allow bufferLength of zero
- Fix #696 - Mute-state not restored from storage in splash setups
- Fix #570 - Live Flash: stream cannot be resumed
- On Android, source order is now respected (previously mp4 was always chosen)
Jul 16, 2014
Track. Measure. Monetize.
Gain insight into how your videos are performing.
We've introduced a new series of features to Flowplayer Drive that will help you to create even better content and make the most of the material you publish.
You may already be using web analytics tools to measure activity on your sites, but these often fall short when it comes to video. Flowplayer Drive Analytics is the solution, allowing you to monitor traffic and examine the way users view your material.
How long do viewers spend watching your videos? At what point do they lose interest or tune out and go elsewhere? Graphs available for each your videos will help you to answer these questions and more: vital feedback for content creators.
Knowing wheter you've fulfilled your objectives means making sure you have access to the right information. Traffic overview graphs show you the number of views and the data streamed for each video. These are the core metrics for you to measure the success of your content. You can also view traffic across your entire account, a handy way to spot thrends and observe the big picture.
Now that you know you have a hit video on your hands, the next step is monetization. Google AdSense allows you to generate revenue from your videos by adding advertisements. It's normally restricted to sites with more than 10 million streams per month, but Flowplayer makes it available for everyone.
Mar 05, 2014
Flowplayer Drive is a brand new video publishing platform that makes all aspects of publishing and sharing your videos easier. Forget about bitrates and formats – videos shared or published with Flowplayer Drive work on all modern devices.
Place videos on your own site or blog by embedding with a few lines of code, or simply share a URL to your friends by mail or in the social media. Rename, unpublish, re-publish or delete videos with the user-friendly video library page in your browser.
Flowplayer Drive is free with Flowplayer branding – or upgrade to remove.