Version 1.0.5 / February 2nd, 2016
Flowplayer Oy values your data and privacy. In order to operate our sites, we need to gather certain data from you as outlined in the following policy.
1. Personal information
Definiton:“Personal information” means any information which can be used to identify you and includes but is not restricted to information such as your name, company name,address, forum nickname (“display name”) email address, website URL, telephone number and company VAT ID.
- We may collect personal information from you where it is necessary for our functions and activities.
- Such personal information might be obtained from you by data entered when creating an account on flowplayer.org, entering billing information upon purchase, posting in the forums or Email / support channel communication.
- Creation of an account on flowplayer.org and purchase of our products and services is not possible without providing personal information, including but not limited to name, email address and billing / payment information.
- Additional personal data might be collected and stored by our partners mentioned in section 7 . Data protection and privacy rules of those companies may apply.
- If you use our Flowplayer Drive service, we’ll record detailed information about uploaded files, time and length of encoded and streamed video material and link it to your flowplayer.org account. Statistical data will be stored on our servers, located in the Amazon Web Services cloud and other (backup) locations.
- Credit Card data
External partners may store your credit card data at their discretion.
2. Other information
- Our servers and the systems of our partners may also log data like geographic location, computer capabilities, preferences, IP addresses, browser type and language, access times and referring web site addresses, and information about your visit and use of the site/service, such as the pages you view, the links you click and session data.Such data is typically only stored for technical/legal reasons and not used to create tracking or personal profiles, except for statistical anonymized analytics data.
- We use Google Analytics to track usage of our sites. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of Flowplayer websites, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google will create cookies on your computer and transmit collected information to their servers (including your IP address, geo-location and additional data).
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Visitors may opt-out of this usage though a browser plugin .
3. Use of information
We may use your personal information for billing, delivery of licenses and services, tax reporting and to answer your support questions. We may also use it to investigate claims of copyright infringement or similar cases.
- If you use our Flowplayer Drive service, we will use your email address to deliver status updates, encoding information and quota information. You may disable selected reports in your account page.
- We will use your email address for delivery of our newsletter, if you signed up to this service. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time from your account page.
We may use your personal information for internal analytics or statistics within our corporation, so we can adapt our services and develop new services to better suit your needs.
We will not disclose your personal information to any person without your consent, except as outlined in this clause.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties where we are authorized (like payment partners) or required by law to do so, to government financial authorities, and in order to take action with respect to any suspected breach of the Terms of Service or any violation of law.
- If you supplied a European Union VAT ID it might be automatically transmitted to the EU VAT validator service for verification.
- We may disclose your personal information to affiliates or related entities for use by them for the purposes outlined above. We may also disclose to a third party in the event that we sell this business to that third party.
- We may disclose your personal and other information to our employees and third parties who have been hired to perform services for us relating to the functionality and services of the Flowplayer website and associated sites / backend services. Any third party engaged by us is required to comply with the same obligations in relation to your personal information as we are under the Terms of Service .
- You agree that your provided forum nickname will be publicly visible. Forums posts cannot be deleted or edited once a “think-again” period of about 2min has passed. You agree to have read and understood this. We cannot remove posts on request.
- We may disclose any information that is not personal information to third parties at our discretion.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- We do not link cookies to personal information, except for non-persistent site operation. We do not create personal tracking profiles.
- Most internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer storage, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored, depending on your browser settings. Please refer to your browser docs for detailed instructions.Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Flowplayer websites may not function properly.
- Third-party cookies. When navigating our site, you may also receive cookies from third-party sites like (but not limited to) moot.it (forum provider), Twitter, Facebook, Gravatar (forum user pictures),Paypal (payment processing), Chargify (payment processing) and others.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against loss, abuse, disclosure any unauthorized access or modification.However, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet, or of any personal information displayed on your account or in forum posts.
- Your credit card details are not stored on our systems but transmitted to and (temporarily) retrieved from the secure servers of our partners Chargify, Quickpay and Euroline. Communication with those services is SSL-secured.
- We urge you to you take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information while you are online and to avoid disclosure or guessing of login credentials or similar leakage.
6. Access and alteration
You may delete or alter your account information at any time. Note this might terminate services such as Flowplayer Drive, and create problems with license and purchase verification. We keep a backup of your information in case of an erroneous action; if you want us to permanently delete all your personal information you may request so through our support email. Note this will permanently and without a chance of recovery erase all your videos, licenses and purchases.
We care about the privacy and safety of your personal data and licenses. If you have forgotten your password you can retrieve it in a safe way from here. In case the email address to which your Flowplayer account is bound has become invalid as well, we have to ask you to provide us with a proof of purchase - PayPal transaction or receipt ID, Chargify notification or invoice etc - before we can grant you access to your account again.
Note : In your own interest we cannot divulge personal account information on email request. Sender addresses may be forged, and complying with such a request would result in a breach of confidentiality.
Please assist us in keeping our records accurate by advising us of any changes to, or errors in, your personal information.
For information about our partners, please refer to following.
- Braintree Payments, a division of PayPal, Inc, braintreepayments.com
- Chargify LLC, chargify.com
- Euroline, euroline.se
- Paypal, www.paypal.com
- Nordea Bank, www.nordea.com
7.2 Content Delivery
Amazon Web Services, Amazon AWS
MaxCDN (a NetDNA LLC brand), www.maxcdn.com
Muut Inc., muut.com
Google Analytics, Google Analytics