- Mobile devices and iOS do not support automatic playback on page load.
- Volume and mute state cannot be controlled on mobile platforms and iOS.
- Mobile phones and iPod do not allow inline playback in the browser.
The native player component takes over entirely. They therefore also do not
- Native HLS playback support in Internet Explorer Edge is
very buggy, using the hlsjs plugin is strongly
- Native fullscreen is supported in Chrome 15+, Safari 5.1+ and Firefox 14+.
Old browsers will use the full browser window. In Firefox 9-13 fullscreen is
disabled and needs to be manually enabled at
- Cross domain loading of VTT files for
native subtitle display does not work in most browsers.
- Recent Chrome versions allow Flash playback in players beneath a certain size
on explicit user interaction only.
- Chrome gets stuck when trying to load the same video twice, even in two
- On iPad fullscreen playback from within an IFRAME is only
allowed in native fullscreen, i.e., with
native_fullscreen set to
- Flash and some versions of Internet Explorer cannot handle
anamorphic MP4 video.
loop attribute is not working in some old versions of Firefox.
still supported. So when you exit the video you can see flowplayer controlbar
and the progress but not while video is playing.
- Flowplayer does not support playlists on Windows Phone 7. Windows Phone 7
does not provide the video events that are required to successfully support
a video playlist.